So I listened to an amazing morning devotional as I soaked in the steaming tub ~ It was from Jeffrey Holland who was the President of BYU when I was a student there in the early 80's. A recommendation I found on another blog...videosbyjillian.wordpress.com.....visit her blog. Its an easy read.
Tim and I have many songs but "I'm movin' on" by Rascal Flatts typifies our movemnt back in 2001. In the song it clearly says, I cant believe home would end up where I don't belong... I'm movin on.....this departure from Fremont was good and bad, hard and difficult, an adventure and the opening and closing of many wounds. As Jeffrey Holland mentions in his devotional, the past is to be learned from, but we should live in the now, the tomorrow, the today and the future. This message gave me such a good feeling today, since there is so much of the past I would like to forget. I feel that I have "repented" but there are many around be who want resolution and explainations to things that may remain broken forever. We can only change ourselves and the way we react to what has happened and how we have been treated. Clearly forgiveness is the answer. Hate doesn't work. Digging up the past, or looking back ~ as Lots wife did isn't what we should be spending our energy on. When the Lord has given us a new day, we honor him by living it the fullest of our ability. We should embrace that, learn from yesterday and do better....Here is the quote from the talk. I hope you enjoy it and make today a great day!
"When something is
over and done with, when it has been repented of as fully as it can be repented
of, when life has moved on as it should and a lot of other wonderfully good
things have happened since then, it is not right to go back and open up some
ancient wound which the Son of God Himself died trying to heal. Let people
repent. Let people grow. Believe that people can change, and improve. Is that
faith? Yes! Is it hope? Yes! Is it charity? Yes! Above all it is charity, the
pure love of Christ. If something is buried in the past, leave it buried. Don't
keep going back with your little sand pail and beach shovel to dig it up, wave
it around, and then throw it at someone saying, "Hey! Do you remember
this?"
1 comment:
I love this! warms my heart!!!
Post a Comment