Thursday, February 9, 2012

It's a deal breaker. Free agency is a must.

I am not good at deciphering the political rhetoric.  I rely on Morning Joe and my husband to clarify subject matter.  I do know that I have a few deal breakers.  I am pro choice and I think that the right to prevent pregnancy is very important. I am not going to go into what is going on in countries where women are abused and the children of this abuse aren't cared for.  I will try and keep this light. So I will refer you to the Seinfeld episode "what is his stand "  Elaine is darling and looses her mind when she finds out that her love might not see eye to eye with her.  It's a deal breaker.  You might think that situations like this can be over looked, but they always rear their ugly heads.  So currently we are in a political discussion in our nation on birth control. I am quoting this from the Planned Parenthood site.

"The rule guarantees coverage for contraception, not abortion services. When you say differently, you're not telling the truth about women's health, and you should stop. Nearly all sexually active women rely on birth control. Large majorities of Americans support the new birth control coverage requirement. That's because we know the truth: Birth control is basic health care. It shouldn't be attacked. It shouldn't be politicized. And it shouldn't be lied about."


I don't think I need Tim's help on this one.  I believe that birth control is a basic health need and should be discuss between a woman and her care provider and if needed options should be available to every woman.  It helps when her partner and she see eye to eye.  Like I said...it's a deal breaker for me.  Choice to Choose.  Glad Tim and I are on the same team.

No comments: