Friday, February 3, 2012

My bar family

In some ways the people we hang out with in our neighborhood are like family.  We welcome each other, talk about the day, the weather, where the fish are biting.  Its nice and I like it.  They don't expect anything or ask for much, but if you need any thing, a wager on a game or a pier to be built, plumbing, an ice hole cut or a jump, someone at the Mart will have it or know who will.  We are a resourceful bunch.  I so don't fit into the group that I fit it.  My diamonds and pearls and business clothes straight from work (see photo)....slowing walking in with my high heels on, trying not to slip in the shots on the floor...sharing a beverage with Annie or Jay-Bar & Jenny, drinking Miller High Life and NA,  Psyco & Cudahay, with her battery pack Christmas sweater so the lights on the tree blink, Heather and Dougie, planning their wedding in May and our friendly bar staff, Allison barely 21, Alex with his warm beer, B who loves her dogs and Beth, well you cant see Beth cause she's wearing camouflage!
Any season, sturgeon spearing, or the fishery, walleye weekend or EAA, where else can you find pizza, beer, a bar, minnows, fishing license, deer tags, lottery ticket, greeting cards, milk, tampons, helgermights and out-door gear?  Don't forget your pull tabs on the way out.  Some people might not think the "gas hole" is a classy place to hang out, but I love my bar!  When I am there I am with family and that's good.

No comments: